Apply for Death Certificate
In Application of Death Certificates, there are two categories
- Death Certificate - registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Death
Citizen can apply for the certificate at their particular Municipality/Panchayat Office by providing the Doctors Certificate and Panchanama, given by the recognized authorities like Police, Revenue Officer, etc. The service is for registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
Time required for issue of certificate : 21 days
Service Charge : Rs.25
For online registration click here
For offline application, click here.
Late Registration of Death
- After expiry of 21 days of occurrence but within 30 days, Registered on payment of a late-fee of Rs.2/-
- After thirty days of occurrence, but within one year, Registered only with the written permission of the Officer prescribed in this behalf and on payment of late-fee Rs.5/-
- Not been reported within one year of its occurrance, Registered only on orders of the First Class Judicial Magistrate and on payment of a late-fee of Rs.10/-
- Name of the deceased
- Age of deceased and sex (Male/Female)
- Name of the Father/Husband of the deceased
- Place of death, Hospital/House (with details)
- Date of death
- Purpose for which this Certificate is required
- Relationship of the applicant with the deceased
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.